Call for Participation
The International Competition
on Lesbian Gay Transgender and Questioning audiovisual works
Dead line: September 30, 2016
The Association i Ken Onlus announces a competition for audiovisual lesbian gay transgender and/or questioning-themed works, at the 9th edition of OMOVIES – Lesbian Gay Transgender and Questioning Film Festival.
art.1 Conditions of Admission
All works entering the competition must be finalized after January 1, 2014. The works will be selected without foreclosure of genres (fiction, documentary, animation, video art, dance videos, commercials, etc.). Any work that belongs to the following categories and duration may participate in the contest::
- Short films with a maximum length of 20 minutes, including titles and credits.
- Medium-length films with a maximum length of 60 minutes, including titles and credits.
- Feature films lasting over 60 minutes, including titles and credits.
art.2 Terms and Conditions
Entry to the competition has a cost of:
short film 5,00 € (five,00 euro)
medium – length film 8,00 € (eight,00 euro)
feature film 10,00 € (ten,00 euro)
The competition is open to everyone, as an individual or in associative forms (agencies, foundations, schools, associations, cooperatives, informal groups)
- Bank Transfer
ASSOCIAZIONE I KEN ONLUS
UNICREDIT ( AGENZIA Napoli Verdi)
Country Code IT | CIN int 73 | CIN nat. A | ABI 02008 | CAB 03443 |Bank Account 000010819426
REASON FOR PAYMENT: OMOVIES 9
For registration, competitors will have to share with OMOVIES Festival via DROPBOX at firstname.lastname@example.org, single folders bearing the competitor’s name and containing the following files for each work submitted:
- The whole work to be entered in the competition, including the following information: title, director, duration, place and year of production.
- The digital version of the application form (downloadable at omovies.it) filled in with all the required information;
- From 2 to 5 film photographs, jpeg format (at least 800×600 pixels);
- A film synopsis in Italian and in English;
- 2 close-up photos of the director, jpeg format (at least 800×600 pixels);
- Films in languages other than Italian, and which do not have subtitles in Italian, must be subtitled in English in .srt format and provided in an external file.
All the works, including those not selected, will become part of OMOVIES Festival and I Ken, non-profit association, archive and can be used for cultural and/or educational purposes, to promote exchanges, cooperation with other institutions, associations, etc. The organizers will assume the obligation to mention the source and to inform the authors and/or copyright holders, in advance.
In the case of more than one author presenting the same work, you need to indicate a group leader whose name will be the first one to appear under the voice the Undersigned followed by other authors. The group leader’s personal details will have to be indicated.
Registration via DROPBOX implies full acceptance of the rules expressed in Art. 3 of this call for participation.
- Each author or associated group of authors can participate with no more than 3 (three) works produced after January 1st, 2014.
- The films should not have participated in the OMOVIES film festival 8th edition contest, not even as hors concours.
3) For each work, you need to complete, sign and deliver a single application form (Article 2).
4) For each work, you need to share a single folder via DROPBOX as described in Art. 2 of this present call.
5) The films shot in languages other than Italian must be necessarily subtitled in Italian or in English and provided by the authors in an external.srt file. (art.2). The works filmed in languages other than Italian without subtitling can still be presented as hors concours. Subtitles in English or Italian for the Italian language films are highly appreciated, but not compulsory, in order to allow viewing even to a hearing impaired or hard-of-hearing audience.
6) Any legal obligation of copyright about the music, photographic images, video images and all that is contained in the works presented, including pictures of the people being filmed, will be the author ‘s and/or producer’s sole responsibility.
7) Any irregularity or default of this Regulation (Art. 3) will void the contest entry.
art. 4 Selection of Works
All submitted works will be reviewed and selected by a committee composed of the direction of OMOVIES Festival, the curator of OMOVIES Festival’s programme, the representatives of i Ken and professionals from the world of entertainment, culture and civil society. The works will be judged and selected on the basis of their ability to tell an original story, combined with the quality of production and expression of the tackled topics.
The Festival managing-board will announce the results of the selection by e-mail at the address indicated by the authors by September 30th, 2016.
The works selected for the awards, will be divided into two main sections: Self-productions and Productions. The first, consisting of works produced directly by film directors, the second from those made by production companies. The division will be carried out if there is a minimum number of five (5) competitors for each category.
In addition, the works selected for the awards will be further divided according to genre: fiction, documentary, animation, video art, dance videos, commercials, etc
Each director will have two nominal guest-passes valid for the whole duration of the event: a personal one and the other reserved for a companion or chaperone.
The general programming and screening times are the sole responsibility of the organizers of OMOVIES Festival.
art.5 Jury panel
OMOVIES Festival Management will appoint a Jury of experts, with the exception of those who have contributed to the creation of the works in competition or may be interested in using them.
The voting of the jury members will be also attended by a representative of OMOVIES Festival with the purpose of providing assistance in the field of regulation and practice.
The names of the members of the jury, other than recruiters, will be made public at the Press conference of the Festival presentation and announced on the website www.omovies.it
The Jury’s decisions are unquestionable and final.
The Jury will allocate the following awards to both categories: “Autoproduzioni” and “Production”:
OMOVIES Award 2015 – Best short film-director plaque
OMOVIES Award 2015 – Best medium-length film-director plaque
OMOVIES Award 2015 – Best feature film -director plaque
i Ken Award 2015 – a plaque awarded by i Ken, non-profit association, to personalities from the world of entertainment, film, culture committed to the rights of LGBT people.
The producers of the award-winning short films are committed to cite the award gained in the opening and closing credits of the awarded short film, reporting about the award to the press and on all the advertising and information material both in print and on other media, without exception.
art.8 General rules and procedures
The Festival Management reserves the right to decide on all matters not specified in the regulation. Any changes or additions to this Regulation may be made by the managing board of the festival for organizational reasons, accessible on www.omovies.it.
It is the responsibility of the authors who enroll in the competition to ensure they are legally authorised to do so by any other authorised person. By entering the Competition you exempt from responsibility OMOVIES Festival managers from any responsibility for use of the work and the awarding of the prize.
All matters not covered by this Regulation shall be the responsibility of the Board of Directors of the i Ken Association, who have the power to waive the regulations in special and well-motivated cases.
art.9 Arbitration clause
Any dispute arising between the participants and OMOVIES Festival should be devolved to the final determination of an arbitration panel composed of three amicable arbitrators, who shall judge “ex aequo et bono” without the formality of procedure, subject to the adversarial party, within 60 days after the appointment. Their determination will directly take Agreement effect reached between the parties. The arbitrators shall be one appointed by each party and the third by the first two or failing agreement, by the President of the Court of Naples, who will also appoint the arbitrator for the party that has not presented one.
APS – O.N.L.U.S.
secretariat: via Torino 16, 80142 Naples
info mobile +39.3396215147
Ph. & Fax +39 813456170